Precision Pulp Protection
Easy-to-use TheraCal LC is a light-cured, resin-modified, silicate filled liner designed for use in direct and indirect pulp capping, and as a protective liner under composites, amalgams, cements, and other materials — a uniquely stable and durable solution.
- Calcium release* leads to protective seal.1,2,3
- Alkaline pH promotes healing.4,5
- Forms a protective barrier that insulates pulp.1,6
- Moisture tolerant7 and radiopaque. Learn more.
BISCO Bites: One-Minute Breakdown of the Resin Matrix
Explore “the resin matrix” in this entertaining clip:
*Calcium release data on file.
1. Sangwan P; Sangwan A; Duhan J; Rohilla A. Tertiary dentinogenesis with calcium hydroxide: a review of proposed mechanisms. Int Endod J. 2013; 46(1):3-19
2. Cantekin K. Bond strength of different restorative materials to light-curable mineral trioxide aggregate. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2015 Winter;39(2):143-8.
3. Mechanical Properties of New Dental Pulp-Capping Materials Over Time. M. NIELSEN, R. VANDERWEELE, J. CASEY, and K. VANDEWALLE, USAF, JBSA-Lackland, TX, , J Dent Res 93(Spec Iss A): 495, 2014 (www.dentalresearch.org)
4. ADA definitions for direct and indirect pulp capping at:
5. Okabe T, Sakamoto M, Takeuchi H, Matsushima K (2006) Effects of pH on mineralization ability of human dental pulp cells. Journal of Endodontics 32, 198-201.
6. Selcuk SAVAS, Murat S. BOTSALI, Ebru KUCUKYILMAZ, Tugrul SARI. Evaluation of temperature changes in the pulp chamber during polymerization of light-cured pulp-capping materials by using a VALO LED light curing unit at different curing distances. Dent Mater J. 2014;33(6):764-9.
7. Gandolfi MG, Siboni F, Prati C. Chemical-physical properties of TheraCal, a novel light-curable MTA-like material for pulp capping . International Endodontic Journal. 2012 Jun;45(6):571-9.
1100 W Irving Park Rd | Schaumburg, IL 60193
800-247-3368 | www.bisco.com